Friday, November 9th
How Do I Remove dts.search-results.com Redirect Virus Permanently?
Somehow i got a computer virus and My google always redirected to dts.search-results.com. I knew it’s a redirect virus and tried different kinds of antivirus programs (AVG, Norton, Mcafee, Avast, MSE, Spybox) but none of them seems to help. It’s a brand new laptop which i bought last week, running Win7, performing very slow due to the virus. I have spent two days on it but no luck. Who can help? That is a post which wrote by a victim of dts.search-results.com Redirect Virus.
dts.search-results.com Redirect Virus Description
dts.search-results.com redirect virus is a dangerous browser hijacker which will redirect PC user’s search results. Recently, many PC users were attacked by this nasty browser hijacker. It was created by hackers aiming to spread some ads by infecting computers. This browser hijacker which can modify the fault setting of your browser to take over the browser’s authorization, change your homepage, block your resources, redirect the search engines to some malicious websites which contain lots of threats such as dangerous links and pop-ups. Once infected by it, every time you try to use your search engines such as Google, Firefox, and IE redirection, your results will always be forced to dts.search-results.com or its related malicious websites, which would constantly molest your system with lots pop-ups and ads. If you think that it is not harmful with the advertisements on its site. Hackers just hope you to click on some of those advertisements on dts.search-results.com so that they can make more advertising fees. If you did that then it must be a big mistake you have done. You are definitely underestimated this annoying virus. Little by little, it will gradually slow down your PC and make it runs as a snail damaging you system completely. What is more, the worse news is that the virus is designed to collect user’s personal information such as password, credit card number, email address, etc. It will access into your PC through Internet connection without your knowledge. It is confirmed to say that all of your personal information will exposed into a dangerous situation. It is highly recommended that you eliminate this infection as soon as possible before it further messes up your system.
Where had it come from?
1. Browsing Webpages- Most of the people go through browsing malicious webpages through their computers which are completely contained with various malicious agents which enters the PC while browsing, and make various unintentional changes in the system settings, browser settings, and Windows Registry settings. Since these settings in computers are essential to run the PC efficiently, if something goes wrong with them, it’s obvious for system get infected with dts.search-results.com.
2. Peer to peer file sharing over the connected network- sharing various kinds of files such as freewares, documents, video or audio files, etc over the peer to peer connection over the internet can also be the possible cause of dts.search-results.com infections get stroked to computers.
3. Outdated security programs- PC users installs various kinds of third party security programs such as firewalls, antivirus software, etc to remove all possible infections from their system, but while using it, they unfortunately forget to update them regularly so that the program get outdated, and due to unawareness of latest spyware signatures, infections like dts.search-results.com get intrudes into PCS.
4. Downloading free-wares or other data from untrusted links- Most of the spyware infections like dts.search-results.com are caused in the system due to downloading various data such as movies, ebooks, documents , music files, etc from the links or webpages which are completely or partially untrusted.
If you failed to remove dts.search-results.com virus, please consult YooCare certified professionals to remove it completely.
Specific features of dts.search-results.com redirect virus
1. Click.scour.com redirect virus might change your default DNS configuration and Windows hosts file. These actions may lead to the blocking access to particular web resources. As to the web viewer, it is as well exposed to impact of this hijacker.
2. All the settings, among them the default homepage, search system you use, personal bookmarks etc. may be easily and repeatedly customized, in the bad sense.
3. dts.search-results.com redirect virus affects the web search navigation, once the person types a search request and presses the ‘Search’ button; he is forcibly rerouted either to fake search engines, or to phishing sites with lots of ads, dubious links.
How to remove dts.search-results.com manually?
Please, be informed that manual removal of dts.search-results.com browser hijacker is a cumbersome procedure and does not always ensure complete deletion of it, since some files might be hidden or may automatically reanimate themselves later. If you haven’t sufficient expertise in dealing with program files, processes, dll files and registry entries, it may lead to mistakes damaging your system.
Steps1: launch your computer in Safe Mode with Networking
- Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer.
- After hearing your computer beep once during startup, start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
- On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight SafeMode with Networking , and then press ENTER
Steps2: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC. Open the Windows Task Manager.
If that didn’t work, try another way. Press the Start button and click on the Run option. This will start the Run tool. Type in taskMGR and press OK. This should start the Windows Task Manager
Steps 3: Within the Windows Task Manager click on the Processes tab. Find the process by name. random.exe. Then scroll the list to find required process. Select it with your mouse or keyboard and click on the End Process button. This will kill the process.
Step 4: Delete associated files of dts.search-results.com Redirect virus:
Step 5: Remove registry entries of dts.search-results.com Redirect virus:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\random
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\“UninstallString” = “‘%AppData%\[RANDOM]\[RANDOM].exe” -u
Attention: As can be seen, dts.search-results.com thing is an annoying virus which definitely redirects PC browser’s search results. Little by little, it will slow down your PC and further harm to mess up your files and damage you system completely. And please don’t consider removing this nasty virus automatically since it can escape all kinds of top antiviruses such as AVG, Norton, Mcafee, Avast, MSE, Spybox, etc. So, don’t download unknown so called “free” antivirus, which won’t resolve your problem and may lead you to another virus. All the instructions above are prepared for those who have much computer knowledge and are familiar with this kind for virus. If you haven’t sufficient expertise in dealing with program files, processes, dll files and registry entries, it may lead to mistakes damaging your system. Before you begin to eliminate such infection, you should think it twice. On the other hand, all the instructions above are aim at the common infection situation. As for dts.search-results.com redirect virus, there are many variables according to different computers. What’s worse, as time goes by, dts.search-results.com browser hijacker may change itself to other versions, which adds more difficult to the removal. As we mentioned above, this virus infection is a cascaded infection. The related files or may be changed. Unless you specialize in virus removal, to remove a browser hijacker is a complex task.